Adopting a pet, in addition to being an option that will bring you a furry companion for games and adventures, is also a decision with which you will acquire a series of responsibilities that you must consider before making this decision that, without a doubt, will change your life forever best family pets.
Adopting a pet, in addition to being an option that will bring you a furry companion adventures, is also a responsibility.
Pets are life companions that require special attention and care. For this reason, Carlos Cifuentes , veterinarian and spokesperson for the Pet Food Institute, makes some recommendations to take into account when adopting one:
- Feeding: it is important that you know the stage of development your pet is in. That is, if your dog or cat is a puppy, adult or geriatric, you can choose the food that best suits its requirements. To choose your food, it is ideal that you consult with a veterinarian, since each food has different characteristics in terms of protein, energy, fiber, among others.
- Visit to the veterinarian: when your pet is going to arrive at your home, it is best to make a first visit with a veterinarian, so you can resolve all nutritional and health questions, and you can also start the vaccination and deworming plan.
- Education: the socialization of your pet makes it more accepting of other animals of its own or other species. In addition, through simple commands or orders you can teach him rules of coexistence. For this, it is essential that you use short phrases and previously mention their name. Never forget to always work with positive reinforcements.
- Hygiene: knowing how often you should bathe your dog or cat or how often you should comb it and cut its nails is one of the most frequently asked questions. The truth is that there is no reasonable time to do it, each pet, depending on its coat and health condition, requires different times. It is recommended that it be no less than a month if you do not have dermatological problems. It is also important that you take into account your dental hygiene.
· Physical activity: physical activity is essential for the physical, mental and emotional development of your furry companion. The intensity of the exercise will depend on his age, body condition and whether he suffers from any disease that limits his movements.
If you take these tips into account, you will be one step closer to responsibly adopting a pet. And don’t forget that, although it may seem simple, choosing a dog or cat is not an easy task, you must analyze the characteristics of the breed, such as, for example, what size it will be when it is an adult, what its behavioral characteristics are and if you have the appropriate space in your home for it.